The demand for Chinese visas has grown rapidly in recent years. In order to provide better services to visa applicants, the Chinese Consulate General of People's Republic of China in Calgary, following the success of the visa centers of other countries, has decided to introduce the Chinese Visa Application Services Center (CVASC). CVASC is responsible for receiving visa applications of ordinary passport holders for visiting Mainland China, collecting visa fees on behalf of the Consulate General and returning passports with approved Chinese visa to applicants.
Services offered by CVASC:
- Website containing information related to Chinese visa applications.
- Call center and e-mail reply of frequently asked questions regarding Chinese visa application.
- Online filling in visa application form.
- Online appointment for application submission.
- Extended office hours for submitting applications and on site queuing system.
- Postal delivery services of submission of applications and return of processed applications.
- Payment by debit, credit card, money order and company check or in cash.
Advantages of using CVASC:
- Completing application form and making appointments online at home.
- Shorter waiting time.
- No need to visit the center if using the full postal service.
- Multiple choice of payment
- Automated inquiry service of consultant available.
- Comfortable reception hall environment.
CVASC will be operated by CITS V Service (Canada) LTD, a company legally registered in Vancouver. In accordance with Canadian laws, CVASC will take all measures to protect the safety of applicants' personal information and passports. To ensure CVASC's operation, a service fee will be charged and the rate will be published.
With the opening of the Center, the Chinese Consulate General in Calgary no longer accepting visa applications submitted by ordinary passport holders. Holders of diplomatic, special (official) passport or applicants qualified for the Chinese diplomatic, courtesy, service visa, or applicants applying for Hong Kong visa / entry permit may still submit their applications directly to the Chinese Consulate General.
CVASC has no involvement in the visa assessment and decision-making process. The Chinese Consulate General serves the right to approve or reject visa applications, to decide the type of the visa to be issued, the period of validity, the duration of stay and the number of entry based on China's relevant laws and regulations. The Chinese Consulate General also serves the right to request the applicant to provide additional supporting documents or to come to the Consulate general for an interview.
Further information about the opening of CVASC will be published on the website of Chinese Consulate General.